Protect your most valuable data from ACCIDENTAL DELETION, VIRUSES, MALWARE or RANSOMWARE with the ALIEN TECHNOLOGY Monitored Backup Service.
Protecting that data is essential. Data Backup, Disaster Recovery an Business Continuity is an invaluable insurance sometimes overlooked in the commercial sector. A robust data backup strategy can help you do just that. In the event of a disaster – such as ransomware, flood, or power outage – data backups can help you get up and running as soon as possible.
- Onsite Backups: When a server crashes or fails, it is helpful to have data backups on hand for easy restoration. It’s a cliché, but time is indeed money. Onsite backups are often faster to restore than cloud backups and almost always faster than offsite tape backups.
- Optimized Backup Schedule: Backups are not a one and done process. Key data in your data center must be regularly and consistently backed up according to a clear and organized schedule.
- Backup Testing: Backups need to be tested and need to be tested regularly. In addition, the IT staff must be trained on how to access and restore their data backups as quickly as possible. A backup that fails or a team that is unable to restore the backup quickly undermines the company’s investment in a backup solution in the first place.
The 3-2-1 backup strategy is well-known across the industry.
The 3-2-1 backup strategy states that you should keep:
- At least THREE copies of your data;
- Backed-up data on TWO different storage types;
- At least ONE copy of the data offsite.
Central to all of these backup must-haves is speed. Backups not only need to be reliable and accessible, but the company needs to be able to restore the data quickly. When assessing possible data backup strategies in your environment, do not lose sight of this metric.
To know more about backup strategies, or enquire about implement best practices, contact us for further details about out Monitored Backup Service.